Work With Us
Title: Marketing & Event Coordinator (Intern/Trainee).
Location: Metro Women’s Business Center, Bayamón, Puerto Rico.
Create social media calendar.
Manage Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages.
Assist with brainstorming, creating and curating engaging content.
Engage with audiences and help with community management by responding to messages via Twilio, Facebook messenger, Instagram messenger, LinkedIn messenger.
Communications & Marketing
Assist with the management of Google Ads.
Support with capturing videos and photos, and maintaining an organized record of media and designs.
Update and edit the website on a regular basis.
Maintain data in Salesforce CRM.
Outreach & Community Engagement
Serve as Liaison between UPR and MWBC.
Increase public awareness of MWBC through community engagement.
Assist in the planning of events and webinars.
Create promotional materials, signup forms and Zoom invites for events.
Possess a creative mindset.
Attentive to detail.
Enjoy working within a small, dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Prior experience with social media and marketing is preferred.
Volunteer experience is a plus.
Interest or experience in non-profit organizations, philanthropy, and the social impact sector.
Friends of Puerto Rico is the host of a Women’s Business Center that is powered and partially funded by the Small Business Administration (SBA). The Metro Women’s Business Center (MWBC), located in San Juan, Puerto Rico and provides important resources to budding women entrepreneurs of the San Juan and Bayamón region. The center provides support through the conceptual stage, to creating a startup business through the path of achieving sustainability. Additionally, the center supports established women entrepreneurs to help maximize the growth potential of their existing businesses. Business growth occurs through coaching, community building, a specialized curriculum, and technical assistance to build or strengthen businesses for the prosperity of our region and island.
The Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of the center by working collaboratively with clients, business service providers, economic development entities, and the business community. The Manager ensures the success of FoPR’s commitment to supporting economic development by facilitating entrepreneurship and small business development
Location: San Juan Metropolitan region, Puerto Rico (must work 100% in office, no opportunity for remote)
Type: Full-time, with benefits
Program planning, Development and Implementation
- Develop program work plans to ensure grant obligations are met and metrics and milestones are achieved
- Identify partners and consultants for programs and services
- Manage program, facilitate courses, engage volunteers and supervise team members
- Create or identify curriculums based upon the needs of WBC clients
- Track effectiveness of programs through Salesforce and SBA database
- Report to WBC Advisory and Friends of Puerto Rico boards on WBC program
- Maintain and implement annual program planning schedule
Business Training and Consulting
- Deliver business workshops and webinars as needed
- Provide business consulting as needed in subject area of expertise
- Manage staff and consultants to provide these same services
Marketing and Outreach
- Develop and maintain marketing plan and timeline to ensure strong program participation and reaching target markets
- Coordinate and write marketing materials (online and paper)
- Engage with local media, write and submit success stories, and advance the public image of the WBC
- Effectively communicate goals of WBC at outreach events
- Build community partnerships – especially with private industry including banks, local businesses, chambers and service clubs, other SBA Resource partners such as the Small business development centers, etc. and the Women in Business Networks
Program Staff and Consultant Management
- Actively research potential consultants for business counseling services
- Assist the Chief of Staff in the hiring and firing of staff and consultants
- Manage and train program staff
- Facilitate collaborative approaches to ensure all program staff function well together
- Manage all program administrative and budget needs
- Maintain and update budget spreadsheet to ensure the grant requirements are being met
- Ensure that SBA budget expenditures are properly disbursed and documented through the filing of receipts, invoices and payments
- Keep accurate and consistent records of client activity by updating Salesforce daily
- Completes and submits quarterly and annual reports as requested by both SBA district and federal offices to ensure compliance with and adherence to all SBA regulations and requirements
- Ensure programs are tracked for effectiveness and meeting WBC goals/milestones
- Attend SBA and AWBC (Association for Women’s Business Centers) conference calls, webinars and training conferences
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be dedicated to to the Metro Women’s Business Center’s mission
- Must be able to identify priorities, take initiative and make clear recommendations to ensure successful delivery of programs, services, reporting and customer service
- Must be results-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working independently within a small team
- Must be inquisitive and possess an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to quickly innovate
- Must have a technological mindset and be eager to constantly learn new programs to increase organizational effectiveness
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to spot opportunities in times of change
- Must be capable of managing shifting priorities on multiple projects while maintaining quality of work
- Must have an growth and opportunity development mindset
- Must have strong, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to travel and work evening or irregular hours as needed
- Must have demonstrated skills in program outreach, marketing, and client interaction
- Must have knowledge of microenterprises and small businesses
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and English (written and verbal) required
- At least 2 years experience working in corporate, business counseling, project management or in a similar industry required
- Budget formulation and advanced Excel skills required
- Experience working with SBA or federal government agencies and providing technical assistance to small businesses preferred
Applicants may apply at www.friendsofpuertorico.org
For questions, email with Subject Line: “Program Manager MWBC” at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary to commensurate with experience $35,000-50,000
Applications will be received until December 15, 2023