About Friends of Puerto Rico: is a non-profit 501(C)(3) that supports the economic development of thepeople of Puerto Rico through entrepreneurial initiatives, education, and creating opportunities forwomen and girls. Since 2015, we have mobilized a passionate community of over 30,000globalentrepreneurs, donors and partner organizations focused on driving economic success and innovation tocultivate the next generation of leaders. Through a combination of training, education andmentorshipinitiativesthat utilize the beautiful culture, art and people of Puerto Rico, our goal is to endfinancial hardship and provide economic opportunities and self-sufficiency for people on the island, inWashington, DC and around the United States.Join the team at the Metro Women Business Center located in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.
Title: Metro Women Business Center (MWBC) Intern
Job Type: Paid, Part-time
Location: Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Hours: 20-30 hours a week
Terms: Fall 2022: August 22-December 21; Winter 2023: January 3-May 19
The Metro Women’s Business Center (MWBC) at Bayamón will develop and expand: pre-venture, start-up, and existing women-owned businesses. Business growth will occur through: coaching, community building, a specialized curriculum, and technical assistance to build or strengthen businesses for the prosperity of our region and island. The intern will assist in a multitude of areas.
- You are incredibly organized, highly detail-oriented, and possess a positive attitude
- You are creative and enjoy working within a small, dynamic entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and detail-oriented
- You want to work for a mission-driven social impact organization in a startup stage
- You have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and have a good sense of humor
- You are able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion
- You are willing to take on additional responsibility for other duties and projects as assigned
- You are flexible to work beyond normal business hours during peak times
- You are able and willing to drive to and attend work-related events at our partner schools across the island
- Assist in the planning and coordination of events including Webinars, In-Person Seminars, and other virtual or in-person events
- Work with the Program Director to develop the mentor/counselor network for the business center
- Assist the marketing team and Program Director in recruiting program participants
- Work with community stakeholders and advance community partnerships to ultimately broaden the reach and success of the business center
- Assist the marketing team with social media and marketing efforts including but not limited to: Creating and posting to social media, updating the website, creating newsletters, and creating flyers and promotional materials
- Available to work 20-30 hours a week.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Volunteer experience is a plus.